[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Moving avatars

Moving avatars

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

29%
29%
43%

Total votes : 7

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Rukawagf » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Rukawagf

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:35 am

while we are on the subject of sigs/avatars:

can i have this in my sig, or is it too huge to fit through the window?

Potato :D
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:11 am

I like your penguins :(

You have that silly potato on your site anyway, keep the penguins for this site :D
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:20 am

Potato

Postby cmoon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:30 pm

sig files are an issue I am discussing with the other mods. Personally I like height restrictions on sig files. Aesthetically I feel sigs about the size of potatoe's current one are better than the proposed one; but I'm still wondering if this is really much of an issue...

I just want to avoid having a situation where it takes longer for everyone's huge, flashing, animated avatars on sig files to load with text content like 'yup.'
cmoon

Postby Potato » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Potato

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:48 pm

OFFICIAL PROPOSAL

(not that the other mods have approved this yet, but I don't think anyone really cares about this issue anymore...)

Restrictions on avatars remain the same except they be allowed to be animated. That means 80x80 pixels, 18 kb size.

I would like to propose that the size of the file be amended to something like 50K to allow for more in the way of animated avatars. Personally I would like to leave it at 18kb, but that size restriction is VERY limiting. This is a bandwidth issue that I'd like to hear more about from Strobe_Z. Perhaps there can be a compromise somewhere--something like 25k?

SIG FILES
That such files be restricted to 50pixel height and 200 pixel width. Such files should have a size of no larger than 10 kb.

Again note I don't personally want to put a restriction on the animation, but the size of the file.

Anyway, what are your thoughts. There are still avatars and sigs out there that would be under violation; but I think most people are cool now with that and just want to know, with certainty, what the rules are. Do these sound pretty reasonable?
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:51 pm

so now avatars can be animated? :D I might downsize/animate the potato i posted (so that it blinks every ten seconds.)

I'll just email it to my friend Steven. he knows nearly everything about computers, he's got 10 of them for god's sake! :D

Potato

Postby cmoon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:23 pm

These aren't the official rules yet, just a proposal from me. They are very close to rules of other forums I know that have kept the avatar/sig file annoyance thing to a minimum.

Kevin> I'm not terribly worried about your avatar, though if it were to become an issue, your avatar could easily be shrunk to 80x80 with little noticeable difference.
cmoon

Postby Potato » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:26 pm

:( i missed you, cmoon. *hugs*

Potato

Postby Kevin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:23 am

Potato

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Feedback