[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - CANADIAN DUB OF 1980s ASTROBOY

CANADIAN DUB OF 1980s ASTROBOY

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

CANADIAN DUB OF 1980s ASTROBOY

Postby ASTROBUDDY » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:22 am

WHAT WAS THE NAME GIVEN IN THE CANADIAN DUB OF THE 1980s ASTROBOY SERIES FOR THE CHARACTER KNOWN IN JAPAN AS HIGEOYAJI & AS MR. POMPOUS IN THE 1960s ENGLISH DUB? THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY ON THIS SERIES CLAIMS THE NAME WAS DR. MCNUGGETT, BUT SOMEHOW THIS DOES NOT RING FAMILIAR WITH ME! IS THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO CAN EITHER CORRECT OR CONFIRM THIS INFORMATION?!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & ATTENTION!
ASTROBUDDY

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 am

The has a Canadian member, & I do believe she mentioned the names of the characters on that version.

Anyway, try these threads:

This one does call him "Mr Morse" although this was from the French; there was a question of French being the same as French Canadian on this thread.

This thread

has him called "Max McNugget," I suppose that is closest to what you seek. :P
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby ASTROBUDDY » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Thank you! I do recall Dr. Ochanomizu calling HigeOyaji "Max" in the episode "The Snow Leopard" which I once had on video tape! (I used to have copies of four Canadian dubbed episodes, but when I got the same episode in its official English dubbed version (which aired in the U.S., I recently verified, weekdays at 10:30 am in 1986 on what was then a local UHF Philadelphia station WTGI--channel 61), I taped over the Canadian version, not knowing what I had! Now I only have the two episodes (one complete; one 98% complete) that I kept in my collection! [Unfortunately they are very poor fourth or fifth generation dupes!] Any way, Thank You again!
ASTROBUDDY

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:14 am

You are welcome, ASTROBUDDY.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to Questions and Feedback