[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Fanworks Section?

Fanworks Section?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Fanworks Section?

Postby mippa » Sat May 13, 2006 3:46 pm

It would certainly be lovely to have a few sections for fanwork. Namely:

Fanfiction Section
Fanart Section
Tezuka RPG Section

...I think it would bring a lot of participation, and I would love to spark my creativity--and Tezuka's characters are just the types of characters that are, like, meant to be all mixed together. *fangirls*
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Fans and Fun

Postby putrocca » Sun May 14, 2006 8:12 pm

Right now the next big section of TezukaInEnglish.com we're planning to expand is the "Fans and Fun" section. Currently it just has the cosplay photo gallery and a few links, but we are eventually hoping to add lots of links to fanfics and fanart galleries, and hopefully host some of our own.

Right now the expansion of that section is waiting until after we finish some more basic webpage overhauls which will make the whole site easier to navigate, but in the meantime, if anyone sends me links to Tezuka fanfic or fanart I will put the links up on that page right away. If you have fanart or fanfic which you have no room to host, I'll see if we can host it directly on the site. Eventually I'd like to start up an annual contest for the best Tezuka fanart and fanfic.

I'm particularly excited about getting the fanart page up because I want to show some of you the wonderful Tezuka art Kibi, by a friend of the site located in Korea, and who probably won't join our discussion here because she's timid about her English skills. Her fanart is fabulous, though, I recommend that everyone check it out:

Does anyone else have any suggestions for things which should be added to a Fans & Fun section?

As for an RPG, I hadn't thought about that (odd, really, since I roleplay a lot and it's such an obvious idea.) We could probably do it here in the forum (I can make a section for it). I'd certainly be up for it, and would happily play Rock or BJ, or possibly Honma/Saruta, Sharaku or Rainbow Parakeet or someone. Who else would be interested in participating in a Tezuka RP?
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby mippa » Mon May 15, 2006 4:25 pm

I already call dibs on Pinoco, of course. ^^v
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Canti » Mon May 15, 2006 4:29 pm

I've been in the need for some fresh RPG blood lately. And mippa has told me I write a killer Black Jack.
Nil Desperadum
Canti

Tezuka reader

Roleplay characters

Postby putrocca » Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 pm

I figured there would be lots of people who wanted to do BJ, so I'm happy to yield him.

I'll take Rock, unless there are any objections, since I'm probably more familiar with him than anyone. It's tricky with Rock since there are so many versions, but if it's OK with everyone else, I'd like to play a kind of mature, summary version of Rock who has the collective experiences of many previous versions, probably most similar to the Rock who appears in the Black Jack issue "finger." I know I'm probably reading too much into it, but that version of Rock demonstrates a kind of calm awareness of the inevitability and justness of his death, as if his experiences encountering the Phoenix and Buddha a few incarnations earlier had left him dimply aware of the cycle of his own reincarnation and his place in the cosmic order of the Tezuka-verse; it would be a good way to draw on lots of series while maintaining one character. That's also the version of Rock who was really close with Black Jack in childhood, which would make the RP more interesting. But if someone else wants to do one version of Rock, I'll happily do a different one, rather than monopolizing them all.

Any others interested in an RP?
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby mippa » Mon May 15, 2006 10:47 pm

Let me advertise the forums a few places on Livejournal and see if we can get any other nibbles as a whole. =3
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Tue May 16, 2006 12:45 am

Soon I'm going to advertise a few places too, I have a list, I'm just waiting until the avatar gallery and the new skin are in place to give the forums their final look. But go ahead in the meantime and invite anyone you think would be interested.

In other news, TezukaAdmin says he'll join us roleplaying Tezuka from time to time, and I have a good friend who will join in as Sapphire as soon as classes end this spring.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby mippa » Tue May 16, 2006 2:34 pm

Awesome! As we continue to get cast members...maybe we should create a plot/premise?
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Tue May 16, 2006 2:56 pm

For now let's hold off for a week or so thinking about plot/premise things until we have more of a sense of how many players we'll have, and who. It's best if we can tailor it toward the cast we get. I'm imagining something which has a lot more character interaction than plot, but enough of a story to spark off the dialogue. Again, let's wait to brainstorm until we have a few more people.

Meanwhile, I'll work with the webmaster figuring out the best setup for an RP forum.
putrocca

Site Founder

Return to Questions and Feedback