[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Re: Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Postby F-Man » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm

It looks like a database table crashed. It's a pretty big coincidence (and good luck) that it happened after we moved the forum, because the only person who could fix that would be the old webmaster, who takes a very long time to reach (we're waiting for him as we speak to point the tezukainenglish.com domain to the new server). Yesterday I edited the site's front page to add a link to the new forum location.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby F-Man » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 am

Looks like the domain/site switch is complete!
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby teg » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Oh wow. This place really got dragged kicking and screaming out of the nineties since the last time I visited. I like it. Sleek.
teg

Postby strobe_z » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words teg, we've put a lot of effort into updating the look and feel and organizing the content. That's why I sent out an email inviting those of us who haven't been here for a while to come back and check it out.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby strobe_z » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Damn, I was hoping no one would notice that... Let's call this growing pains. The bandwidth setting was inadvertently set too low - which resulted in the outage. It shouldn't happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 am

:P Thanks, Strobe. One more thing, I must log-in every time I visit the forum, regardless of whether I check " Log me on automatically each visit."
Jeffbert

Postby F-Man » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Ahhh... good point F-Man, I've been systematically changing all the links to reflect the proper domain name, however if people are using the old raw ip as a bookmark it will probably cause problems like that.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:43 am

I just click the link in the email.
Jeffbert

Postby strobe_z » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 am

The link in the email? Hmmm... Maybe try just going directly to http://tezukainenglish.com/phpBB3 and clicking on the "login" tab (not just logging in on the main page - for some reason that one doesn't want to "stick").

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:12 pm

I login on the page of whatever thread has had a recent response; though this one, needed no login, I suspect it was because I had a forum page already open in another tab (in Opera browser).
Jeffbert

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Jeffbert

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm

He was still hedging his bets though... It wasn't until after he got his degree that he decided to go full-out on manga. He had published several before that, and was successful, but he hadn't made it his life's work.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Career might be the keyword here. Before it was more a hobby that paid the bills.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Previous

Return to Questions and Feedback