[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Postby F-Man » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Wow!! I like the change a LOT!!

Postby AprilSeven » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 am

AprilSeven

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 am

Make one thread, but put links to it in BOTH areas. I think that ABO does that when threads are merged; that is, assuming a topic is created in the AB section but being inactive for a while, a new member creates a similar thread in the General area. Then mods merge the two; unless I miss my guess, both areas will link to the merged threads.

This will take individual effort on the mods' parts, but it should make relevant threads easier for new members and visitors to find.
Jeffbert

Postby F-Man » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 pm

This could be done by moving a thread from one area to the other and leaving a shadow topic. It would appear as "Moved: Topic Title" in the area where it was posted in.

But it seems like the only reason to do this at all would be for people who like browsing release listings, and for that I find the idea of placing links to the treads in the merchandise section of the site a much better idea. Less forums and less confusion. Members who see their threads "moved" would always think they did something wrong.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Astro Forever » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 am

Nice change! :P

Why not put the releases in a sticky topic in the subforum for each series?
Astro Forever

Tezuka reader

Re: Some forum changes, feedback wanted.

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 am

This is probably the wrong place, but the new color scheme is an eyesore! Orange text on white!?

I was a bit surprised to see my anime & manga indices combined; as I have withheld the master INCARNATIONS TABLE, which I painstakingly made to relate all the versions of various stories. Though I had essentially included the data for versions of stories, it was included in a story by story basis. :o Did I include the manga in the anime table? :lol:

I am just now beginning to explore the new site. :shock:
Jeffbert

Postby F-Man » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 am

Yes, let's please talk about this in strobe_z's new topic in Offtopic.

I believe both your tables are intact, one in the manga page, the other in the 1963 anime page.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 am

I'm not sure if it's better to answer this topic here or in the off-topic area. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way.

Anyone else feel like complaining about the orange links? ;) One of the biggest complaints about the old board was that it was difficult to see the links - so I made sure they were easy to find now. I spent a lot of time trying different colour schemes for the whole site and, for good or evil, this is the one that stuck.

I'm pretty set on the white backgrounds actually. We post a lot of pictures here and the white background creates a neutral space that works with all the pictures and their various backgrounds.

As for the content on the site itself, it's still in transition (and I imagine it will be for a while). Each of the sections has been set up specifically for a purpose and is intended to create a guide for the content to follow. We had a ton of great information on the old site, but it was extremely difficult to navigate (I've been here since day 1 and even I keep stumbling onto pages I've never seen before!). So, while all of the content may not make the transition 100% "as is", the idea is for it to all be there.

In regards to the Astro Boy tables, I haven't yet had the time or energy to tackle that part of the site. I will say though, that I'm confident that any content that is deemed "extra" to the series pages will find a home in the Analysis sections.

I spent a long long time thinking through how best to organize our enormous content, this is the best I could come up with. Hopefully it'll work.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby madamluna » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:19 pm

I actually really like the orange. It complements the blue nicely and I don't have a hard time seeing it against the white. If a lot of other people do then it's best to change it, but for now I guess it could go either way.

I'm really pleased with the redesign, though! It's cleaner, sleeker, and very attractive. I hyped it on twitter and a bunch of people there are really impressed, too, if that helps.
"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Fine by me to use this topic to talk about the redesign as well, but let's just not forget to also discuss the issue with the overload of forums with some that overlap the same subjects. ;) Unless everyone is fine with things like they are now.

I also like the orange links, but AprilSeven had told me before that she also had difficulty seeing them. That they made sense in the design, "but if it could be a bit more towards red or brown - just to make it easier to see - that would be great."
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:09 am

The thing with the old links was that they were the same color as the other text until a MOUSEOVER occurred. But who would want to go over the entire text looking for color changes? On the pages I made, I went through & added color tags to the links to make them blue.

What happened to the HITS counter? I really liked knowing how many visits my pages got. :twisted:

Also, in (GREATEST ROBOT), I had already created threads for discussing the page; This one refers to an older-style forum thread:

Is it possible to redo these old style treads in the new style (without much work)?
Jeffbert

Postby madamluna » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Questions and Feedback